If you'd like to add a personal finishing touch to your baby's nursery while learning a new craft, this DIY Embroidery Kit is for you! A relaxing way to pass the last few weeks of pregnancy, or to take some time to yourself as a new mum. You'll love learning embroidery and will be left with a finished nursery decoration to hang in pride of place in your little one's bedroom.
In a pretty drawstring bag, this beginner-friendly kit contains everything you'll need to embroider your very own beautifully illustrated woodland animal wall hanging (choose from a fox, hare, owl or squirrel). The pre-sewn fabric piece features a velcro closure, so a sewing machine isn't required - all you need is somewhere cosy to sit and tea and biscuits to hand!
Whichever animal you choose, the high contrast monochrome design will promote visual development in newborns. Follow the embroidery guide or get creative, adding coloured embellishments, which your baby will begin to recognise and admire from a few months old.
Complete with a solid ash wood dowel and black braided cotton rope, the hanging is padded with wadding to ensure that it drapes beautifully on the wall.
This would make a very thoughtful gift for a creative expectant or new mum.
IF YOU'D PREFER TO BUY A FINISHED, PROFESSIONALLY EMBROIDERED WALL HANGING, BROWSE THE COLLECTION HERE
THINKING OF CREATING A GALLERY WALL? CHECK OUT MY FRAMED PRINTS TOO
- Kit includes: A stitch and colour diagram and instruction guide, a 6 inch embroidery hoop, 2 embroidery needles, DMC stranded cotton embroidery thread in four colours, a pre-sewn fabric wall hanging with velcro closure, a solid ash wood dowel and black rope. All stored in a drawstring bag
- Finished wall hanging size: Approx 50cm x 50cm (20" x 20") with 80cm rope
- Care: Spot clean the wall hanging with a damp cloth. Can be ironed on back if required
- Safety: If displaying above a cot or changing table, ensure that the wall decoration is hung well out of baby's reach as the string presents a strangulation hazard
- Lovingly Handmade: In stock items are ready made and will be dispatched in 1-2 working days. Pre-order items will be made to order and dispatched in 1-2 weeks. As a handmade product, no two are the same and the pattern placement may differ slightly from the product pictured
- Delivery: £2 UK standard delivery. FREE UK DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER £40. Worldwide shipping available. Please see delivery and returns information here